Our Fair Housing Policy
We do business in accordance with federal and state fair housing laws
Federal Fair Housing Act
Under the federal Fair Housing Act, it is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status (having one or more children) or national origin in the following activities:
- Sale or rental of housing or residential lots.
- Advertising the sale or rental of housing.
- Financing of housing (including mortgage loans).
- Provision of real estate brokerage services.
- Appraisal of housing.
- Blockbusting is also illegal.
If you believe you have been discriminated against in violation of the federal Fair Housing Act, you should report the complaint to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development at:
Or, by mail:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Washington, D.C. 20410
Under the federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), it is illegal to discriminate in any credit transaction, including a mortgage loan:
- on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status or age; or
- because all or part of an applicant’s income is from public assistance; or
- because the applicant has exercised a right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.
If you believe you have been discriminated against in violation of ECOA, you should contact the Federal Trade Commission.
Federal Trade Commission Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C., 20580
Virginia Fair Housing Law
Under the Virginia Fair Housing Law, it is illegal for any mortgage lender to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, elderliness (defined as age 55 or older), familial status, or handicap.
If you believe you have been discriminated against in violation of Virginia Fair Housing Law, you should send a complaint to:
Virginia Fair Housing Office
9960 Mayland Dr. Suite 400
Richmond, Va., 23233
Phone: (804) 367-8530
Toll free call (888) 551-3247
For TDD users, please call the Virginia Relay by dialing 7-1-1